Friday, 4 September 2009

My creative space: summer dress project

My creative space 4 Sep 09

It's warming up and, since she has pretty much grown out of the ones I made her last year, I thought that I'd better start sewing Lily some new dresses. Last week I squeezed in enough time to trace and cut out the pattern (I chose size 3 and now I'm hoping that it's not too big...). Then this morning I got Lily to pick out her favourite fabrics.

She immediately went for the pink gingham, due to her current obsession with pink, and then picked a few fabrics that I only have small amounts of. Finally I was able to steer her in the direction of the cute yellow floral fabric that I bought 3 metres of (on sale). For the smaller bits of fabric, I thought that I would pick up some plain cotton in a complimentary colour and add on some pockets or applique.

Oh... and I had to add Amy Karol's new book into the photo - Bend the rules with fabric. It arrived yesterday and I crazily missed the post and so I ran out to get it from the postbox this morning. So exciting! From the little flip through that I've had so far it looks just as cool as you would expect. I am so excited to get stuck into some projects from within it's pages.

For more creative spaces check out the lovely Kirsty's blog.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin