Saturday, 12 September 2009

Molly and Mart

Molly and Mart

Last night we trekked out to the Yarralumla Woolshed for the Handmade Market. I've been reliably informed that there were 50 retailers there last night and that there will be 150 today. 50 was probably enough for us, but if you are in Canberra and didn't go last night (which is hard to believe - it felt like all of Canberra was out there!), then you really should check it out today. Think about Christmas! (Yep, still stressed about Christmas...)

We wandered around for a little checking out the lovely handmade stuff and then followed our noses to the food. However, the line was looking a bit long and so we wandered into the shearing pens and found the lovely Nanette from Rummage. (Have you read Rummage? You really must. Nan's blog is just gorgeous and will leave you feeling all nostalgic and rosy.) It was lovely to meet Nanette since I've been reading her blog for quite a while, and it was just as lovely to see her gorgeous creations.

Lily was particularly taken with her peg people and so I told her to choose her favourite.

Lily and Mart

She chose a very dapper gentleman with flaming red hair, despite my attempts to steer her in the direction of my favourite. So, I did what any sensible person would do and bought both of them ('for Lily,' of course!).

Lily's new hair clip

Then Nanette gave Lily a gorgeous hair clip to match her jacket and so I had to take some photos.

Breakfast with Molly and Mart

Well, Molly and Mart (as they have been called) have accompanied Lily everywhere ever since. They had breakfast with her this morning and then took a tour of the house in her pushcart.

As I type this, she is holding one in each hand while watching Playschool.

I am just kicking myself that I didn't buy a few more for a certain birthday girl that Lily will be seeing today...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin