Sunday, 13 September 2009

Floriade

IMG_6165

IMG_6180

IMG_6200

IMG_6214

IMG_6221

IMG_6222

We went along to Floriade yesterday afternoon to romp among the flowers. It was such a lovely day and I was feeling very keen to get out into the sunshine after PhD-ing all day while Lily and P went to the Farmers Markets and to a 3rd birthday party (I love birthday parties, so I was very sad to miss out on this one).

We spend far too much time trying to find the kids' section, which wasn't in the same place as last year, and once we finally picked up a map we were all too hungry to trek over there and so, instead, we found a cafe and bought some wedges. It was so lovely sitting outside in the sunshine looking out over the flowers (I especially love those red tulips - more photos to come I'm afraid) and listening to the music. I envision lots of weekend afternoons will be spend there this Spring.

As the afternoon drew to a close, we found a big patch of grass and encouraged Lily to have a bit of a run around. Then, worn out and happy, we all headed home for dinner.

So happy that Spring is here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin