Friday, 11 September 2009

The big chop

I have always had long hair. Always. Well since I was about 3 or 4 at least. That was when I cut off all my hair in order to look like some big girl at my school that I admired.

Since then whenever I have thought that it was time for a change I have been talked out of the idea by any and every hairdresser that I have asked to cut my hair.

"Oh no," they'd say. "You need to have long hair. There's just so much of it. You need the length to weigh it down."

"Oh, OK," I'd reply and have yet another trim. Boring. Boring. Boring.

Anyway, I'd had enough and so I did a google search for hairdresser recommendations in Canberra and came across quite a few for Michael at Edge Hair in O'Connor. Well, I thought, if he's good then he should be good enough to figure out how to cut off my hair. And so I made an appointment and went in this morning.

At first, he too was reluctant to cut off my hair.

"I think we'll keep it long," he started with.

"Are you sure that it won't work above my shoulders?" I pressed.

"Let me think about it," he said.

I went off to have my hair washed and when I got back he was all business. "We're going short," he said.

Yay!

20090911 the big chop

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin