Friday, 6 January 2006

My head hurts

Today has been my last real day of work. Sally starts on Monday and it's all down hill from there.

Today was also KPL's 36th birthday, so there was a party atmosphere pervading. The office decided to throw a baci ceremony (I can't fill you in on this now as I'm too drunk to type, but will later, promise) in my honour.

I was presented with a beautiful, if somewhat gaudy, certificate thanking me for my service and had a bunch of white strings tied around my wrists for good luck (seriously, I'll fill in the blanks when I sober up).

The baci was also to welcome Sally, but as no one really knows her yet, she was spared most of the drinking punishment - though it may be that she can just hold her liquor better than I can, which wouldn't be a surprise at all, actually.

Anyway, the last 9 months have added up to this one drunken, dancing party. I guess it could have been worse.

I'm going to stop typing now and get some work done, though I have no idea how the paper will read tomorrow as I'm a little too drunk to be editing anything, still I'm sure it will make interesting reading...

Photos to follow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin